Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sharepoint 2010 KPI

I spent some time with the Sharepoint KPI features recently and wanted to share the first results with you. The project management  "magic triangle" has the categories: budget, time, quality. For each of these aspects I created a simple user defined list with the following specs:

  • List 1 Costs: Title, Amount spent (€) 
  • List 2 Quality: Title, Status of workpackage (%)
  • List 3 Time: Title, Milestone in time (checkbox)?
As you can see, this is a very basic approach. In the next step I added an indicatordetails list (DE: Geschäftsdaten > Indikatordetails). This can be configured using the options panel. Make sure to create 3 list items (cost, quality, time) and configure each so it matches your custom list from above. For Cost I used the sum as an indicator (20.000€ was my max budget, lower values were better) - you will see that this is analog to conditional formatting Excel.


Well done. Now you have the indicators in place that aggregate information from your custom list. But what you'll really want (if you are a visual person like me) is to add a statuslist. This gives you the status icons you know from Excel.


No comments: